Buy PLA Filament for 3D Printers
PLA (polylactide) is the most popular filament material for 3D printers that use the FDM (fusion layering) process.
PLA brings many advantages due to its biological production method, using renewable raw materials such as corn starch.
Positive properties of PLA filament are the lightness, low odor during printing,
a relatively low printing temperature and the possibility of the Matertial to compost (in an industrial composting plant).
Unlike other materials such as ABS, PLA filament is not as heat resistant,
but with PLA filament there is little warping during processing.
For newcomers, it is the ideal filament because it is simple to use and can be used with all popular printers (Ultimaker, Makerbot, RepRap, Prusa i3, etc.).
The properties of PLA at a glance:
- Low printing temperature between 190-230°C
- Low warpage even with larger models
- No unpleasant odor development
- Lightness due to low density
- Biological starting material during production
- Softer than other materials such as ABS
- Non-toxic and therefore suitable for projects with food etc
- High UV and weather resistance